Ir al contenido principal

April, Come She Will

|

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
TIME SUBSCRIBE to TIME

March is punctuated by moments in which I mark the passage of time: my birthday, daylight savings, often Passover. As I'm prone to nostalgia (my husband might say plagued by it), I usually spend much of the month feeling wistful about how quickly my kids are growing up, and how quickly I'm growing old.

For a year, time has stood still. Though I know my kids have matured and changed, I struggle to see it because I'm with them every second of every day. Now time is starting to move again. Will my kids walk back out into the world and age a full year before my eyes?

Preparing myself for that potential whiplash makes me savor what's left of this stage of lockdown, in which I command my girls' full attention by default. I'm simultaneously nostalgic for this time in our lives and eager for it to end. Many of you who've written to me are feeling this paradox, too. How are you managing it? Write to me at andrea@time.com. I'd love to know if you're deliberately pacing your family's transition back to public life or just letting time march on.

Best,
Andrea    
MORE STORIES

Sandra Boynton, the author of 60 classic board books for babies, teamed up with cellist Yo-Yo Ma on an animated video to promote her latest release, Jungle Night. Boynton and Ma spoke with a TIME for Kids Kid Reporter about the collaboration

Sesame Street will welcome two Black Muppets who will be talking openly about race and racism. 

This reading list celebrating Asian authors includes picks for kids and young adults. 

"My parents loved and would have done anything within their power for me," writes author Nicole Chung. "But one thing they struggled to do, at least fully and consistently, was to see and understand me as a Korean-American woman." 

Ellen Oh writes about raising two Asian-American daughters. "Even as I wonder how I'm going to save my daughters," she says. "I'm starting to realize that it is my girls and their generation who will save me, save us."

In San Francisco, some pregnant women will begin receiving $1,000 a month. Could the experiment catch on across the country? 

Pfizer has started testing its vaccine on children younger than 12.

If you're vaccinated but your kids aren't, what activities are safe for your family? 

These moms work as scientists and doctors. They've also taken on a new challenge: fighting misinformation about COVID-19 online.  

A recent Netflix documentary covers the Varsity Blues college admission scandal. Here's what you need to know about the show and the scandal that inspired it.

 
To Unsubscribe
You have received this e-mail because you are subscribed to this newsletter from TIME.com. Unsubscribe here.


Update Email
Click here to update your email address.

Privacy Policy
Please read our Privacy Policy, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://time.com/privacy

TIME may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.

For Further Communication
Please contact parents@time.com
TIME Customer Service
P.O. Box 37508
Boone, IA 50037-0508
Connect with TIME
Find TIME on Facebook
Follow TIME on Twitter
Subscribe to more TIME Newsletters

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: L Brands, Estee Lauder, CureVac, Tesla & more

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: L Brands, Estee Lauder, CureVac, Tesla & more This is a developing news story. Please check back for updates: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/stocks-making-the-biggest-moves-midday-l-brands-estee-lauder-curevac-tesla-more.html Follow @CNBCnow for breaking news and real-time market updates Unsubscribe Manage Newsletters Terms of Service Join the CNBC Panel   Digital Products Feedback Privacy Policy CNBC Events   © 2020 CNBC LLC. All rights reserved. A property of NBCUniversal. 900 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 D

When you can expect to receive the $600 stimulus check

3 tips to help you Make It  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  View in browser | Subscribe DAILY DOSE OF INSPIRATION "Everything great I've accomplished came after a long struggle." Barbara Corcoran, investor on "Shark Tank" Three Things to Help You Make It 1 When you can expect to receive the $600 stimulus check Despite President Trump's delay in signing the coronavirus relief bill, checks could still start being direct deposited into taxpayer bank accounts as soon as this week.   REA

What to wear when it's really hot outside

Plus more health news | Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.    What to wear when it's really hot outside By Jamie Ducharme Health Correspondent With Memorial Day behind us and Jun