Ir al contenido principal

Cell Phone Addiction: The Struggle Is Real

|

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
  
By Andrea Delbanco
Editor In Chief, TIME for Kids

Cell phone addiction is a real struggle in my household. I say that declaratively, though I’m the only one who sees it that way. My husband and daughters don’t seem to see anything wrong with their usage. But I’d argue that it’s excessive. And argue is the right word: It’s probably our biggest source of tension. I know my censoriousness is annoying. When everyone’s looking at a screen, I try to prove a (passive-aggressive) point by staring silently until someone stops scrolling and looks at me. I often find myself staring silently for several minutes, steaming about it. I need data and strategies on my side if I want to persuade everyone to rein it in.

Is there hope? “How to Stop Checking Your Phone Every 10 Seconds,” by my colleague Jamie Ducharme, offers some expertise on how to break the habit. Check it out and write to me at andrea@time.com to share your thoughts. Ironically, or perhaps just sadly, I’ll respond to your message right away, since I’ll be glued to my phone. Breaking my own technology habit is a work in progress.  

Best,
Andrea

More Stories

More daters are “child-ambivalent,” according to clinical sexologist and dating coach Myisha Battle.

A new report by nonprofit Pregnancy Justice shows that charges of pregnancy criminalization in the U.S. reached their highest number ever in the year after Roe v. Wade was overturned.

Anti-poverty policy expert Carrie Welton writes about the challenges of food insecurity among college students.

Alana Semuels breaks down the reasons for the national pediatrician shortage.

California representative Ro Khanna is proposing a bill that could make universal childcare possible, capping the cost at $10 per day for families earning less than $250,000 a year.

Anti-transgender policies have been linked to a rise in suicide attempts among transgender and nonbinary youth, according to a new study released by the Trevor Project.

 
 
 
 
 
 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: L Brands, Estee Lauder, CureVac, Tesla & more

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: L Brands, Estee Lauder, CureVac, Tesla & more This is a developing news story. Please check back for updates: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/stocks-making-the-biggest-moves-midday-l-brands-estee-lauder-curevac-tesla-more.html Follow @CNBCnow for breaking news and real-time market updates Unsubscribe Manage Newsletters Terms of Service Join the CNBC Panel   Digital Products Feedback Privacy Policy CNBC Events   © 2020 CNBC LLC. All rights reserved. A property of NBCUniversal. 900 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 D

Japan has big plans for a U.S. summit. But Trump just wants to talk cars and military costs

Administration officials say he was not interested in other topics | Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser. Subscribe to TIME magazine WHAT TO KNOW NOW LISTEN

You Can Score Up to 40% Off at Nordstrom Right Now

View on the Web Dear RealSimple Member: We're always searching for special offers to benefit RealSimple members. Here's an offer from one of our partners that we thought might interest you. Nordstrom Discounted Over 25,000 Items for Its Spring Sale Shop clothing, home decor, kitchenware, and more